Buzz's Pool

It's gotten bigger.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Berry's Awakening

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr. Potatohead
Spool
Spool

PostSubject: Re: Berry's Awakening   Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:15 pm

OK for realz though:

He stands there for a minute, digesting everything, figuring out what to do. Finally, he decides on flipping a coin on it. But upon reaching in his pocket, he stops, scoffs with a smile, and finds a stick to throw. Upon it landing (and losing a charred piece of itself) it landed Northeast. 'Well, at least it's closer East than South' he mused. One more glance southbound (at least, he thought it was south) and he entered between the two Baobab trees, into the corral.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Uhh...
Avalanch
Gnome
Gnome

Community Worth : 13

PostSubject: Re: Berry's Awakening   Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:09 am

The Corral is a hamlet of tree-dwellers. Every fat baobab tree has been hollowed out and fit with a door flap, some cloth some beads. Buckets are stacked neatly near one tree, and another sports a cute vegetable garden. A potted flower is starting to wilt on a doorstep.

The Corral is also war zone. Looks like someone (or something) went on a bombing spree. The explosions are haphazard and scattered. Jackson remembers a vast library of forensic sciences, and applies them in the blink of an eye. The explosion radius is highly varied, ranging from fire crackers to three-meter radial explosions. There are drag marks leading to shallow graves just outside the corral.

Also there's that three ring binder on the ground between the dead trees at the entrance. It has a number of scrawled pages still clipped to it, and it's a little dirty. Looks as if it was flung down, based on the subtle impact crater in the dry forest floor. As Jackson approaches the trees, the sulfur smell grows to a rotten stench, like you tossed out a whole carton of eggs two days ago and now your head's stuck in the same trash can.

Jackson's about to investigate the binder when he realizes he's being watched. A pair of twitching fluffy objects peek out from the hollow trunk of a baobab tree ten meters south (on his right). One is a deep lush green, the other a piercing crimson. They're perked towards Eddy, attached to an obscured body hiding in the baobab dwelling behind a mostly-burnt blanket. There are many more papers littering this particular tree, some of them crumpled and spat out, some of them in a pile.

Golem's Grave is dark once more. Golem heart pulsing slow and steady.
Camera upstairs reports no breach since target Bolt left.
Golem boot-up log deleted as per protocol A1.
Commencing Security Sweep: twenty minutes minimal expectation.

"Oh hi heh I'm Courtney I don't get out much— look I'm freaking out because those things out there? Those aren't monsters, they're machines. They're tearing everybody's doors open and poking around inside! And I don't even wanna know what they'll do if they find me or anyone, I lucked out they're in my house right now but I was busy looking for our threck. They all went rampant at once just last evening and tore themselves free. I don't know where anyone else went they likely ran to safety up on Gouda Plateau. Hokai's helping them I think, he has this weird new guard stick I have no idea where he got it. Told me to come with but heck somebody's gotta keep a watch in case the threck come home in the middle of all this!"

Courtney takes a quivered breath, allowing Berry to speak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzzspool.allgoo.net
Mr. Potatohead
Spool
Spool

Community Worth : 4

PostSubject: Re: Berry's Awakening   Sun May 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Eddy Jackson paused for a few moments. If he were a robot, that amount of time would've felt like an eternity. But alas, as of now, he was not. As far as he could tell that is. 'Back on track now,' he told himself. He mentally flipped a loaded coin, gave up, and straightened his shoulders. Eventually he said, "I'm lost." Pause. "I don't know where I am, or who I was, or what happened." He spoke up now. "But I assume you do. I also assume you were the one who wrote in that binder." Eddy glanced his brim over to the heterochromatic ears. "Please tell me it's so."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Potatohead
Spool
Spool

Community Worth : 4

PostSubject: Re: Berry's Awakening   Mon May 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Berry opens her arms towards Courtney. "Okay, Courtney. Let's get through this. Okay?" She bites her lower lip and forces a grin. Somehow, she manages to sound more confident than she really is. "I know about those…machines. But right now we gotta find our friends before taking any action. Umm." She creeps closer to Courtney. "Can you lead us to them? Up to the Good Platform? I hope Lalami's with them." At that, the fox frowned and got into one of those rare thoughtful moods of hers.

(As much as I, being her, wants to get that spear back, it would be interesting [though maybe another time would be better] if she didn't get it back just yet. I dunno. It would force her to gain confidence without her weapon. Depends on how much you wanna torture me lol.  >:K   )
Back to top Go down
Avalanch
Gnome
Gnome

Community Worth : 13

PostSubject: Re: Berry's Awakening   Fri May 18, 2018 8:21 am

(dude that's perfectly fine I do have a plan for it but ultimately this— OOHHH shit I just remembered how excited I am about this story and cannot wait for things to unfold ok most of all hearing this excites me because you're exercising your characters' free will and it is awesome)

Courtney rubs the right-inner length of her tummy tunnel nervously. "I don't know you at all," she says. "You're an outsider, a person of myth. But you... you seem to really care about us." She glances back out the window. "I'm sure you understand, I don't trust you enough to go with you, and I care too much about my dear threck flock to abandon them. But you're right. You're absolutely right. We should stick together, no matter what." She then goes to CRow and strokes the underside of his quivering beak.

CRow immediately becomes calm, and leans in on Courtney's expert coax.

"Crow," she says to Crow. "Go to Lalami on Gouda Plateau."

"Absolutely Courtney, you can count on me!" Crow give a full-wing salute, then looks upset. "What about you?"

"I really can't," Courtney says wistfully. "I'm not the kind of person to run and hide in the face of danger."

"It— It's suicide to stay here!"

"It's leaving the threck to die at the hands of heartless machines is what it is. If they come back I can save them. I'll calm their souls and bring them to Gouda Plateau."

Crow looks torn, but he looks over to Berry and puffs out his chest. "Well Blueberry, I'm with you. Wha'd'you say we find Lalami?"

The feather-ears emerge further. They're connected to a formless indigo blob, it looks like a leather beanbag chair. Then it speaks timidly, which in the dead wind carries quite well. "Friend?" It does nothing more, watching astutely from a distance of ten meters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzzspool.allgoo.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berry's Awakening   

Back to top Go down

Berry's Awakening
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Buzz's Pool :: Nails :: Writing Submissions-
Jump to: